Arizona Crime Rate Dramatically Drops
Government statistics are showing that Arizona crime rates are dramatically decreasing much more so than the nation overall. However, what is NOT reported is the reason WHY crime is dropping. …could it be Arizona’s strong pro-rights gun laws, which are the strongest in the nation in restoring what the Constitution had intended? Gun ownership skyrockets while violent crime drops.
The study, commissioned by the Arizona Prosecuting Attorneys Advisory Council, also shows the state’s crime rate has fallen 38.5% since 2002, which is about twice the crime rate drop for the nation as a whole.
Crime has dropped all across the country, but the decrease has been as fast or faster in Arizona. The rate of property crimes in the state, for example, has plummeted 43% since 1995, compared with 30% nationwide.
Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery says neither he nor the study can pinpoint why the crime rate has fallen so dramatically, but he suspects it’s a combination of factors. He points to the state’s human smuggling law, where there have been some prosecutions of both the “coyotes” and their human cargo; the employer sanctions law, which allows for sanctions against employers who hire illegal immigrants; Senate Bill 1070, the state’s immigration enforcement law which has been partially put on hold by a federal court; and the poor economy.
I can pinpoint WHY the crime rate has fallen so dramatically, here’s a few:
* Citizens are allowed to OPEN CARRY firearms
* Since 1994, Concealed Weapon Permits have been available, these permits are currently valid in 37 states.
* Since 2010, Constitutional Carry – concealed carry without a permit
* Broadest definition of “Castle Doctrine” in the United States
* Self Defense situations are absolutely considered “innocent until proven guilty”
* No duty to retreat in any place you have the right to be
…and many more laws that prohibit the government from infringing on our constitutional right to “keep and bear arms.”
Simply put, when the population is adequately armed, the crime drops significantly. Adding to the bad news for gun control supporters, the District of Columbia and Chicago, the handgun bans of which were repealed following the Supreme Court’s decisions in the Heller and McDonald cases in 2008 and 2010, experienced decreases in murder of eight percent and six percent, respectively.
No related posts.
Join our Newsletter
Latest News and Special Deals
- All FNH products are on sale at unbelievable pr...
- Daniel Defense recently submitted a commercial ...
- If you recall, back on January 16, 2013, standi...
- Solid Concepts is a world leader of 3D Printing...
- The Virgina State Supreme Court on Thursday (Oc...